Mornings are not my thing. Between jumping out of bed and the first cup of coffee at work, my brain will not be fully functional. Here’s where having a morning makeup routine helps with fumbling around on autopilot mode.
Putting on work makeup is not experimental nor luxury time. This is about making myself look presentable and professional in 10 minutes flat after hitting the snooze button down to the last possible minute of sleep. While the less amount of products used, the better, I can’t not do a full face.
- Base: Stila One Step Correct Primer. Super easy to apply with fingers and helps smooth out morning patchiness
- Concealer: Nars Radiant Creamy concealer in Custard
- Face: Stila CC cream in Fair 01. Has a coverage slighting above tinted moisturiser, with added colour correcting
- Blush: Too Faced Sweethearts Perfect Flush blush in Peach Beach. Incredibly natural flush and highlight!
- Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. Powder, highlighter and bronzer all-in-one.
- Eyeshadow: By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Bronze Moon. Just this! Easily gives a gradient effect. Not need for any other shadows!
- Eyeliner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid eyeliner in Black. Seriously the only liner that does not smudge on my asian hoods.
- Eyebrows: Napoleon eyeshadow in Burgundy 41 (discontinued). I wouldn’t usually use an eyeshadow to fill in brows as they have less staying power, but I’ve recently dyed my hair burgundy and it’s not worth buying a whole new product.
- Lips: Nars Velvet Matte pencil in Sex Machine. These matte pencils seriously top all other mattes I’ve used (including liquid lipsticks). This pink fades well and doesn’t dry out my lips.
You’ve probably realise I missed mascara and gloss. Personally, a quick swipe of mascara does absolutely nothing for my short, straight lashes. I might as well save the time. Gloss is also optional as I usually make myself a coffee after getting into work and all the gloss will be gone by the time that cup is finished.
- Stila #33 One Step Complexion brush for foundation and concealer. Seriously one of the best foundation brushes I’ve used as it does double duty and applies extremely well.
- Urban Decay Naked3 double ended eyeshadow brush is another double-duty brush that I used to smudge out eyeshadow on one end and apply eyebrow powder with the other (flat tip).
- Surratt Artistique Highlight Brush for powder, highlights, bronzer and blush. I challenge you to find a softer brush.
Do you swear by any of these products?
How do you cut down on morning makeup time?
Let me know your thoughts!